I know. Its been
all summer since I've really posted anything. And that is okay, because,
Hello, it was summer!
So come with me now as I recap our summer month by month. Should be fun, right? (I'll do a separate post for each month so if you need to stop for a breather, feel welcome to!)
Shall we begin?
May
For those of you who follow my sporadic ramblings over at
The Sycamore, you may have remembered
this post where I got all riled up about going to Ohio for the River Teeth Non-fiction writing conference.
After a bumpy few hours on a bus with wings, my mother and I arrived in Canton/Akron, OH. We rented a car and then drove through various towns to get to Athens, OH where my brother is studying/teaching at Ohio State. The following pictures are of the beautiful campus there.
 |
| I'm sitting in the back of Brendon's classroom trying not to embarrass him. He teaches Journalism. |
 |
| The main drag in Athen's: Court Street. |
 |
| Bagel Street Deli= amazing bagel sandwiches! |
 |
| Trees! Everywhere. |
 |
| Kennedy Museum of Art (which used to be Athen's Lunatic Asylum) |
 |
| Butterfly origami wall |
 |
| Every town has one... |
 |
| If you are ever in Athens, you MUST eat at Salaam! Best eggplant ever! |
Athens, Ohio was beautiful. The campus was small and comfortable. It was wonderful to see my brother doing his thing out there.
Moving on.
 |
| We drove up to the Kirtland, Ohio temple |
 |
| And saw some great headstones |
 |
| "Thankful" |
 |
| Welcome to Ashland, Ohio. This is the campus where the writing conference was. |
 |
| This campus=serene and beautiful. |
 |
| Meeting everybody the first night. We ate like this the whole weekend. |
 |
| Ready. |
|
 |
| It was so amazing learning from all of these authors...and then I bought their books! |
 |
| A new friend, Sarah Wells. Check her out at sarahmwells.com |
I went. And loved it. And learned so much. And changed in ways I cannot describe. And said things that needed to be said. And wrote them too. And made friends. And missed my family. And saw Ohio. And fell in love with it! And so much more. And I breathed it all in. And then I came home.
And.
*****
I know- its totally abbreviated, but I will write more extensively on my trip to OH over at
The Sycamore.
How awesome! You know they say Mormonism is a small world? I went to OU for 3 years before I transferred to BYU -- it's Ohio University, Ohio State is in Columbus. :) I love Athens -- so pretty.
ReplyDelete