The rest of Early Spring and May was filled to the brim with little activities. I told myself I'd never do this, but I know most of you who read this blog just wanna see pictures anyway. And for now, the pictures are better than what I could tell you. So I decided not to be bashful! This post is all pics. 57 of them. Consider yourself warned. Should be good in a Blog book one day though, right? Right. So here we go. Enjoy!
 |
| As
a reward for good behavior, Talie picked out this magnifying glass at
Micheal's. She is turning into quite the little scientist! |
 |
| Chris showing Talie how she should really use her magnifying glass! |
 |
| Painting rocks. Many, many rocks. Our porch has collected a pretty substantial rock garden after this summer! |
 |
| Madison and Ty R joining in on the fun. We love the Rigby's! There are not too many days that go by that we don't play. I love wonderful neighbors! |
 |
| I snapped this picture of Chris going for a walk with the kids as I pulled away heading to work. Love this man! |
 |
| I wish I would have thought of this during the long winter months! Painters tape, a lid to a bottle and a kid- magic! |
 |
| Here is Talie sitting in the back of Grandpa's truck with my brother Tim's motorcycle. I love this picture because Talie is all dolled up, but there is grease on her hands from climbing all over that thing. She loves to climb. And she loves that blue dress...I think she'd wear it everyday if I let her! |
 |
| I love me a good looking vehicle and an even better looking man to go with it! Mmm mmm! |
 |
| She's in her tree. In her blue dress. Sigh. |
 |
| Every once in a while I have to give my Granny B. a shout out and enjoy a cup of Postum in her old tea cups. Also pictured here is the very pink table and aqua chairs I enjoyed these same hot cups of Postum with when I was just a wee one. Hi Grandma. :) |
 |
| Old school marble works with Coocoo. |
 |
| My brother Tim stayed with us for a bit while he was searching for that perfect place to live. He spent a lot of time with Talie and Henry. They absolutely adored him! This was a good day when his girlfriend, Kristina came for a visit and we all went on a walk. Love these two! |
 |
Uncle Tim became Coocoo to Henry. He has lived up to his name for sure!
Coocoo! Coocoo! Coocoo! Come visit us soon! |
 |
| Here is Talie and her little toosh getting every last Dust Bunny out of her room! Well done girly! My mother had come for a visit and helped me clean my little apartment, top to bottom! (At least it felt like it!) Talie wasn't about to miss out on the action! I wonder how long that attitude will last?... |
 |
After we cleaned, we enjoyed a yummy batch of popped corn. My mom always says, "Love is popcorn for dinner!"
I say "Love is driving for two hours to clean someone else's house!" This evening meant a lot to me being together like that. |
 |
| Books with GG! |
 |
| Since my Grandmother has passed away, my dad has been out and about getting everything squared away and organizing all of her (and his) belongings. We spent a day on the Hill (our family's term for our storage shed in Kamas) "helping". Here is dad wearing HIS dad's old winter coat playing on his tractor...or building a road. |
|
 |
| Henry and Talie taking a turn on the old tractor. |
 |
| I got to get hoisted up to wire some rain gutters that had worked themselves loose in the wind. Ya...not scary at all! |
 |
| With the Littles around, you've got to play a little more than I think you'd otherwise think about. Thats good for us all, right? |
 |
| At the High Mountain Drug grabbing a bite to eat before getting back to work. Grandpa and Henry are pretty much best buds. Henry just adores Papa! |
 |
| Especially when he orders an old fashioned treat. In 1959, this frosted Cherry Root beer was a nickle! Ah, nostalgia! |
 |
| Piano lessons! |
 |
| Talie's piano teacher has her practice playing out different words on the piano. This is a game that she got pretty good at! Piano was a great activity through the summer. Her piano teacher Clarissa Satterfield moved at the end of July, though. I'm in the market for a new teacher to get us through the winter. |
 |
| A few summers ago we invested in bikes and a bike trailer for our little family. It turned out to be a great idea. The kids love to ride and it gives us great exercise. Until the time Chris hit a basketball and flipped the trailer...whoops. The kids were inside and Henry was without a helmet. Ouch! We bought helmets a helmet the next week! |
 |
He was always so much faster than me!
Hey, ever see a distracted biker? Here is proof of one! Eeek! |
 |
| Going down the slide with grace. |
 |
Going down the slide.
:) |
 |
Talie wrote many letters to cousins and friends.
I wrote a few myself. Stamp and all. |
 |
| We even visited some cousins! Lainee and Talie have been pretty good pen pals. Thanks for the letters Lainee! |
 |
| Little Blue Eyes Brianne and Talie. Oh, those eyes! |
 |
| When I let her have access to "ingredients", Talie can whip up a mean...rice, onion, hot chocolate, parsley, black bean casserole?. Yum! |
 |
| In the Springtime, after a winter of bare leaves, we put up blossoms on the tree in the kids room. It was a lot of fun to see that wall come to life! |
 |
| Henry, pondering on a rock at a friend's house. |
|
 |
| Our little scientist found this extra large ladybug with no spots and carried it around with her all day. At the end of the day she brought it to me. It was all covered in sand and its wings were a jumbled up mess. Poor thing! Talie really needs something more durable as a pet! Like an armadillo! |
 |
While Talie was collecting bugs, Henry was dragging this Radio Flyer around bringing me dandelions.
That's my sweet boy, Henry. (translated: he has not discovered the joy of torturing small creatures yet.) |
 |
| The Wood girls. Maylee, Heidi and Sophie. What a fun bunch! Here they are at a birthday party for Tommy S. We've had a lot of fun with these girls! |
 |
| Kate Stoker and me at her son Tommy's 4th birthday party! This girl knows how to throw together a great celebration! The kids and the adults had a blast! (Tommy would never let me take his picture so I can't show off his awesome pirate costume!) |
 |
| But Talie loved sporting the party favors for quite a while! |
 |
Not sure why I'm posting this. Probably because this is how I feel right now while "updating" ya'll. And I think YOU all are like Chris right now. Duh...is it over yet?
Nope! Carry on down arrow!!! |
 |
| One of Talie's best friends Madison Squire. These two were two peas in a pod...but then Madi moved away. We visit as often as we can and they don't skip a beat! Good friends are good. Right? I also happen to really like Madi's ma, so it works out wonderfully for all involved. |
 |
| Grow where you are planted. Even if you get run over. Just keep growing. |
 |
| Visiting my brother Jer and watching him play with his new little son, Liam. I had to post this pic! Love it! |
 |
Do these two things cancel each other out? Hmm. This was a strange evening of cravings...
Our summer has been very Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in regards to our food choices...and both sides are sooo good! So why not have them both?! :) |
 |
| Henry fell in love with Boo the cat at Grandmas Sherry's house. He also fell in love with constantly dumping out all of her food and water. All.The.Time. Uhg. Cat food hands stink! |
 |
| But then he figured out the joyous free feeling of wild wind in his hair! |
 |
| We tended to our little garden. |
 |
Caught up with a long lost friend.
|
 |
I worked. A lot. Here is my view every two weeks from the 19th floor of the law firm I do chair massage for.
It is very zen up there, staring down at the busy city. |
 |
| Some days while up so high, I get to watch these city monkeys hard at work. What a job, huh? |
 |
| Made bread. Shared bread. Ate bread. |
 |
| Henry when he is alone and doesn't have to share. | A perfect angel. |
 |
| What Henry becomes when Talie enters the picture. (Any tips on little boys and hitting?! And parents who take pictures of the incident instead of doing something besides laughing?!) |
 |
| Total trust. |
 |
| Talie learned how to braid! |
 |
| Henry learned how to cut! |
 |
| Higher! |
Alrighty. That ought to do it for now. We had a blast in May!
NOW ARE YOU READY FOR JUNE?!!!! (I am only slightly kidding...)
Such adorable pictures of your family!
ReplyDeleteGenius!! Hopscotch on the kitchen floor is a fabulous idea!
ReplyDelete