Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Grandma's Flowers

April showers bring May flowers. Unless of course the spring weather is mild and the Pansies just cannot wait any longer to be put in the ground.

These pictures are from a short trip I made with the kids to Shelley, Idaho (that ended up being a little longer) in April of this year.

I have loved looking back through them and seeing my children working with the Earth, exploring new things and enjoying what they didn't know was work... may they ever be none the wiser!

I am so happy I was able to capture Natalie's focus and excitement toward bugs and searching for their little homes. We cleaned out the old chimney and found a deserted robin nest with old dried up eggs inside. Gross, I know- but when else will she be able to handle so delicately something so precious?

Henry played most of the time with Boo and the rope hanging from that huge Elm. He ventured and drank for the first time from a hose. And although it went up his nose a few times, he eventually got it right and loved it!

These two and their Grandma. I love that we all get along so well. We have learned just how easy it is to be together. And work. And play. And sometimes do nothing at all. Only this day, we did lots!







2 comments:

  1. Holly I was just thinking about you the past couple days so thought I'd jump on your blog and see what you were up to. Its been a while! Don't even remember when I last saw you! So happy to see you are doing well. Your kids are absolutely adorable and I can tell you are an amazing mother! Would that be weird for me to say that I am proud of you? But I am! YOU are amazing. I enjoyed your post about your grandmother too - I hadn't realized she had passed. Anyway, glad you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun slide show!!
    I just moved and have loved getting my hands dirty in the yard, fixing things up and working hard.
    Wish we could get together and have our kids become friends!!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!