For those of you who know me, you'd know that there are few things, if anything, that I love more than being a Mother. Every year around May, I get excited for a special holiday-- Mother's Day! These days have gotten sweeter as the years have passed. (All four of them!) And this year was no exception.
Natalie sang to me for the first time during sacrament meeting with the primary kids. And because it was a first for both of us, I had to record it! She was so precious up there!
Later that day while we were enjoying the calm Spring weather, Natalie came to me with a two-wheeler bike with no training wheels. She said to me very matter-of-factly, "Mom, will you help me ride this?"
I helped her on and with one big push, she was off- balancing perfectly and pedaling the guts out of that bike! Wow! I thought to myself. I must have been the proudest mama out there that day. (I attribute her instant pedal bike skills to the little blue Balance Bike she's been kicking around for about 18 months.)
Later on, like say, oh, Father's day, Chris gave me this video. It was the perfect chaser for an already wonderful day!
For Father's Day, Natalie also got to sing to her dad in sacrament meeting. You can see Chris with that "proud dad" look on his face behind the kids when they walk down.
On Father's Day we had a little BBQ outside with some neighbors and the kids played T-Ball with Chris. It was another fabulous day! I consider myself a pretty lucky gal to have found such a wonderful Man as my husband. He continues to amaze me as he fathers his children with grace and loves me in spite of myself. Those Martineau boys...
These kids make our lives complete. Thank you Natalie and Henry for giving space for purpose and joy. We love you so much!
If every year is as good as this year was, I just might weep!
Happy Mothers Day and Happy Father's Day to everyone!
I am loving the "I love mom more than..." video! Natalie's fake Mountain Dew sip is pretty adorable...and just about everything else she says on there! What a fun gift.
ReplyDeleteIt's so cute to see such a little girl riding a big girl bike. And I love your hair! It totally rocks. I'm jealous.
ReplyDeleteYou have very beautiful pictures. Love the color and the light in them. And of course: your kids a beautiful! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Alexandratobe,
DeleteThe pics are all thanks to Instagram! Follow me @Sycamoregirl