At the beginning of April, I began doing some side work for
Cathy, my dear friend and midwife. My job was to help get her paper-filing in order and then work on building a plethora of Birth Kits. The job proved to be just challenging enough and has continued to be fun for me. Mostly though, what I have loved about it is that I get to have a glimpse into the life of a Midwife and see the inner-workings of her circle. I am honored that she has let me in, even in some small way.
The bigger part of the story lies in the magic and sadness of me being around Cathy when dear
Briana passed away. My life- forever changed because of the example of
living that these women share. Wow. Just wow. I hope that the little things I was able to do during that wild time helped. And I wonder if what I do today is of any positive consequence.
The truth is, I don't care about the "job". What I care about is keeping myself surrounded in some small way by the people who constantly cause me self-reflection, betterment and humility. And if doing things like this allow me that, then I hope she keeps me on board!
 |
| Before |
|
 |
| Birth Kits waiting to be assembled |
|
 |
| After. |
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!