Monday, June 6, 2011

Pixie Girl

Talie always asks me for haircuts. I think I have given her about three or four "trims" in the past few months. She likes the tickle of the scissors on her skin and the little hairs as they fall onto her shoulders and around her toes. Her giggles make for a difficult time of me trying to keep things even!

After seeing the movie Tangled recently, she has told me over and over again that she DOES NOT want long hair! I can imagine her little imagination is wild with what could happen with such long hair! So impractical! Especially for a little girl as active and tomboy-ish as she is.

So for now, I have come to terms that my little girl will be a short hair girl. Tonight she asked me for a haircut once again. This time, I decided to REALLY give her one- and the pics that follow are what happened. She would not hold still long enough for me to finish it. But that is okay, because she will ask me for another one soon enough and I can finish trimming up and shaping the back better.

I love it. It is her.

Annnnd, for being a first ever REAL haircut- as in a new style instead of a trim- I think I did fairly good.

(pat on back)

Presenting: Talie with Pixie Cut.



16 comments:

  1. Talie is so darling she could wear ANY style. I admire Mom's bravery too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new 'do! It looks to me like both of you like her haircuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So impressed with your skills and bravery holly! Turned out so cute and it's so fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I wish she could send some her hair cutting love this way. I've been trying to talk Lainee into a haircut for over a year! Love the little pixie! I'm impressed with your haircutting abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh... DARLING!!! And SO her!! Nice job Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Holly! You can come do mine any time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive Holls! She is just so darling. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Impressive Holly! Talie's hair looks so so cute. I love the title you gave her hair style, "A Pixie Cut"!

    I have cut my own hair before and my sister Tallie told me to never do it again, but I still trim it every once in awhile!! I have been thinking about changing my hiar style!! Wish me luck!
    :) Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME! way to go Holly! so do you have any opening tomorrow? jk
    she is cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Seriously. And so impressed with your scissor skills.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um....I'M COMING OVER RIGHT NOW...WILL YOU DO MINE NEXT? LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable hair style! My niece (who is now 47 yrs. cute) always had a pixie cut, and she was a doll. I think it's the big brown eyes that accessorize the style so perfectly! I love that Tallie knows her true self. Pixie girl.

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!