This past week we have been talking to Natalie about the dentist. She'll be three soon and still has not been to have her first check up. She does better when she is prepared about these sort of things, so I took her to the library and we checked out a few books. These books have been helpful in explaining what goes on at the dentist and the point of brushing our teeth. Well, she found a book that we had on the shelf called "The Bearenstein Bears go to the Dentist" this is the story of how Sister Bear gets her tooth pulled and Brother Bear gets a cavity filled. Chris read her the story and tried his best to explain each of the procedures. She is a good listener.
That night when I was putting Natalie to bed, I asked her what she had learned about the dentist. She looked at me with a very concerned look on her face and while covering up her mouth, with a whimper she said, "I don't want new teeth!"
She was beyond consoling, so I just told her that we would not go to the dentist. At least not for a while.
Oh little Tally. I know how you feel about the dentist.
ReplyDeleteHow cute is that! We still have not taken Lainee either, she just doesn't do new people or situations well. But I like the idea of the books, ease her into it. I love her response!
ReplyDeleteYou two are such good parents! (and Natalie sure is smart :)
ReplyDeleteso cute! I want new teeth, what dentist do you go too? jk
ReplyDeleteWhat a doll! I need to take Brynner too. It's been on the to do list for a year now! :)
ReplyDelete