Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It can only get better from here

Here it is folks: Chris and I have moved EVERY year of our marriage. From Boise to Idaho Falls, around Idaho Falls, to Shelley, to Kamas...We were getting pretty good at it...And its only been 4 years.

Chris and I moved to Utah about 2 1/2 years ago, and we lived in a bedroom. As in, A ROOM. My parents were gracious in sharing their space in Kamas while they lived there part time. I was pregnant with Tally and Chris was working hard while I went to massage school. It was great...for that time of our life. Once our baby was born, we moved into an actual ONE BEDROOM apartment nestled cozy in the Avenues and were able to somehow fit into that compartment with our lovely dog Hank, our new baby girl, just 5 months old and all of our junk. It was tight, but doable. We lasted about 9 months in that scenario. Busting at the seams there and finally realizing that EVERYONE would get a better nights sleep if Tally had her own room, we decided to moved again. This time into a TWO bedroom apartment.

The local university had a smokin' deal on their student housing and so we ventured. This would also mean parting ways with our beloved dog, something we thought never would happen. But there is a season for everything, right? We placed Hank in a temporary home (until we could get a handle on his absence) and excitedly moved into the two-bedroom that was literally a two minute walk to where Chris works. (He was riding the bus before...one car family.) In our two bedroom we celebrated a few things. First, we celebrated Tally's first birthday. We celebrated closet space. We celebrated more time together due to Chris's decreased commute time. It was fabulous. Mostly, we celebrated a FULL NIGHT sleep and Tally LOVED her own space! We grieved the loss of dear Hank, but soon came to appreciate the freedom of NOT having dog can provide. Luckily, Hank is still "in the family" so we get to see him from time to time.

Its amazing how you can fill your space.

It wasn't long (just one year) before that two bedroom kept feeling smaller and smaller. And with news of a wee one on the way, I felt strongly about upgrading again, this move would be easy thought. No need for a UHAUL or packing crew. Just a wagon, a dolly and a few days with willing hands. We moved into a THREE bedroom on March 11. It was an easy move- a mere 100 yards away in the same court (as they call them here at student housing). We plan on sticking around in the new pad for at least another 3 or 4 years. Tally is happy she can RUN and actually hide from us, she can also twirl without bumping into the kitchen table or desk. I have my massage room AND a big kitchen I've been dreaming of. Chris has room for the Love Sac and nice big desk for all the studying he does. But my favorite part of this new place? THE SHOWER! Its amazing. Who could ask for more? This is our home.

We are comfortable, happy and excited to be settled, yet again in our new place. We'll patiently await the arrival of Jr. and the graduation of Chris. We'll see where it takes us then. From where I'm standing, it can only get better from here!

7 comments:

  1. Content is such a good place to be! Love You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Congratulations on the move up! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, and I am glad your here! now where do I get content? jk

    ReplyDelete
  4. we know how moving feels!!! jon and i have been married 6 years and have moved fourteen times now! NO JOKE! wowsa! glad you feel more prepared! :) lindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! Enjoy having a kitchen and a living room instead of the 2 in 1. Good luck with your new baby. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are livin LARGE now sister! I miss your face. Love that you are knocked up again...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!