Friday, February 26, 2010

My How You've Grown

*****
"My, how you've grown."
I remember that phrase from my childhood days too.
"Just wait and see."
I remember those words and how they chided me,
when patient was the hardest thing to be.
Because we can't make up for the time that we've lost,
I must let these memories provide.
No little girl can stop her world to wait for me.
I should have known.
At your age, in a string of days
the year is gone.
But in that space of time,
it takes so long.
Because we can't make up for the time
that we've lost,
I must let those memories provide.
*****
-Natalie Merchant




My, how you've grown little Tally. We never knew just how much you'd make US grow when you came to be with us. Thank you for the best 2 years of our lives thus far! Happy Birthday!

(click here for a link to all of the pictures minus the music)

11 comments:

  1. Great video. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her wide eyes. And is she potty trained? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! movie was fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really do grow fast. I hate it but at the same time, it's so fun to watch them grow. Happy B-Day Tally!
    Loved the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the video idea. She really is so cute. She is one of my favorites (probably because she has such rad parents), love that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem! I don't know you...but somehow I stumbled across your blog. Are you related to a Stan & Susan Martineau by chance? I'm going to feel really silly if you are, because I know them quite well. Their son Bret was one of my best friends in high school, and his wife Naomi WAS my best friend in high school. Funny how that works out. Related or not, I'm a big fan of Martineaus :] ~Brittany Sorensen

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so beautiful. I can't believe how time flies. SHe is to sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!