Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ode to Hank the Vizsla


Dear dear puppy of ours. You have been through so much the past two years of your life...which IS your entire life. (Happy Birthday by the way)
You were born to happy healthy parents on a horse ranch in Kuna, Idaho on January 21, 2006. It was there that I worked my tail off mucking stalls to pay you off so you could come home with me. It was definitely worth it! On April 12, I brought you home, my boots caked with horse poo, grass stains on my knees and a new farmers tan on my arms. Ah what a sight- but you see, it didn't matter. You were there with me, with Chris. And we all knew it was meant to be. Sigh. We all lived so happily in Boise, ID. You made friends with the mutts next door, learned how to swim in the canal and even graduated puppy kindergarten! We learned through trial and error that you are allergic to beef and lamb, that you don't like brooms or mops or anything with a long handle for that matter. We learned you love to sprint, swim and jump- so we enrolled you in an agility course and made sure to visit the water regularly. And boy can you run fast when you pull us on our roller blades!

You moved with us to Idaho Falls, leaving behind your neighbor friends, the Boise canal and your ma and pa from the ranch. But did you falter? No sir! You kept right on being the cute pup you were and loved your new large back yard and bigger house. We have moved three more times since then and each time, you have been so amazing in adjusting. We moved to Kamas, Ut last summer and you had your first encounter with mice! Oh how you love tracking and digging up the rodents! Unfortunately, you went from being an indoor/outdoor dog to an outdoor dog...just in time for the sub zero temps of Utah. You are such a trooper!



Among all your tricks and cuteness, your biggest talent by far is your ability to sleep- anywhere, anyhow...the following are all the pics I could find of you sleeping.







THE FOLLOWING PICTURES ARE ONES WE'D LIKE TO SHARE THAT CAPTURE A LITTLE BIT OF THE JOYS OF HAVING HANK AROUND:

First day to the stream behind our house
Puppy School. Such discipline! (Hank is in the middle)

Chris decided to leave Hank alone in the house all day UNKENNELED. Hello trash.
Bussom buddies. He was SO small!
I can't decide who is cuter!

Soon, we will be in a place where you can find your place at the end of the bed again. Hang in there! Thank you Hank, for being the best dog ever!



5 comments:

  1. Basically, I have a crush on Hank! He has the sweetest face! I loved the sleeping pictures--the one of him sideways on the couch is hilarious. Nate and I want to get a visla someday when we have more space and a yard. What does Hank think of Tally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hank seems like such a sweety! I haven't met him but I know he and Rusty would be pals. Those are some really adorable pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the tews: for the first 4 weeks hank has ignored Tally, hoping against hope she would leave. now he knows shes here to stay and hes starting to pay a little more attention to her. he will lick her toes from time to time which makes tally squirm. I'm sure they will be fast friends as soon as shes able to throw a ball =)
    Chris(the blog stalking husband)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stalking our blog baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hank you sure look like a swell guy. Hope to read about your adventures more often.

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!