Monday, January 25, 2010

Daddy Happy



Every night spent with a screaming baby, every dirty diaper, and every mess cleaned is well worth what I experienced today, while performing a mundane task with my daughter.

Natalie and I took the recycling to the recycling bin. When Natalie helps it takes often takes two trips instead of one because I carry her in one arm and the recycling in the other (and I procrastinate with professional ability).

On the way out we were having a nice conversation about where mommy was, about the cars and their colors, about the truck in the distance with lights on the roof and how sometimes they make a 'wooo woo' sound. Natalie will be two years old next month.

On the way back we talked about snow on the truck, and after I kicked a snow drift she said "daddy, kick, snow". After telling her how smart she was and tickling her she put her head on my shoulder. After 30 seconds of silence as we walked up the stairs she said, without raising her head, and not as a question, but a statement of fact: "Daddy happy."

Signed,
Happy Daddy

4 comments:

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!