Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Poem


To David

by: Ora Pate Stewart

I screen the air you breathe,

I disinfect your room,

I scald your little wash,

I sterilize your dish,

I pasteurize your food,

I boil your formula,

And then you drink your bath water

And chew the washrag.


My mother sent me this poem yesterday in a celebration of all we do as mothers. I am reminded that it never hurts to let go of a few things... Being a mother is the greatest, and being a child is just as honorable.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great poem, and you're a fabulous mother. Tally/Natty/Natalie is so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved chewing the washrag as a kid! Natalie is lucky to have you as her mumsie. :)

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!