Chris and I are just wondering really how much people out there spend on groceries per month. Groceries defined as: all food items you get at either a grocery store or eating out. Leave a comment and answer our Poll. Then we'll follow up later with more information and the results.
THANKS!
Define grocery... food only, soap too all, food for the month? eating out too?
ReplyDeleteFood stuffs only.
ReplyDeleteI voted--and all I have to say is boys eat a lot--even little boys can pack away more than me!!!!
ReplyDeleteSeven of us in the family and we spend about $400 a month.
ReplyDeleteJKV
Most months we're in the $250-$350 range but once and a while we are over $350... when we get that drive to build up our food storage, usually when there are case lot sales, ward food storage drives and such.
ReplyDeleteWhat brings you to ask such a question?
ReplyDeleteWe voted in the poll. : )
ReplyDeleteI have to say that minimizing our food bill is not top priority. We buy lots of fresh whole foods and are mostly vegetarian these days. We feel like that's a really good thing to focus our resources on. I still try to shop frugally and wisely, but I don't buy cases of processed food just because they're cheap...just not my style.
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteFirst time poster, long time friend, often times befriended by stray cats?
Holly, it's good to see that your alive and well. Your family is adorable. I wouldn't expect any less. It is so fun to see each of our children meeting they're mini milestones at similar times. Tally reminds me of a young Katherine Hepburn with a less scratch voice and a couple hundred times cuter. Anyhoo, $200-$250. It is hard to say though. We tend binge once every two/three months on the groceries. So our groceries tend to be inconsistent from month to month.
In the last 6 months we've spent anywhere from $10 to $400 at the grocery store, depending on how much we ate out that month (we ate out A LOT in the last 6 months.)
ReplyDeleteMelanie Sharp...we're like you. We don't buy anything processed either...so our weekly bill is between $80-$100. There are only us two adults and a 2 year old eating right now. The extra money is worth it because we feel great.
ReplyDeletefamily of four trying to eat healthy, buy local and more organic or fresh stuff. It makes it more expensive but we spend between 300-400 a month.
ReplyDeleteToo much. Hey Chris! Do you remember us?
ReplyDeleteOkay, we spend a little over $400 a month right now on groceries, but hopefully that will come down soon. We seriously neglected our food storage, so we've spent the last two months buying double everything to stock it back up, and I think after the next trip it will be good to go, so then hopefully it comes back down.
ReplyDeleteThis is a very good question. I have set out a few different times to track our grocery spending but then I forget or become bored with it and never follow through. But an educated guess would be about $250 bucks for the 2 1/2 of us. (the half being the roommate who sometimes eats our food, and sometimes buys his own food) This could be completely off though because Charlie eats out at work a lot. Anyway, curious as to the results of your inquiry. Let us all know what mind-blowing discoveries you make!
ReplyDeleteWe spend around $500-600 a month. I shop sales and use coupons, but I prefer to spend more money for healthier items. I also don't buy cheap boxes of processed food, but prefer to make things from scratch. In addition I buy extra items each time,so that we can build up our food storage that was almost non existent 6 months ago.
ReplyDelete