Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Four Years

Today marks the 4 year anniversary of my return from the Tallahassee, FL mission. My oh my how time flies! I really am amazed at how much has happened since then- it is all such a blur in my mind. Life really is a blur.
While the experiences I enjoyed on the mission fade with every passing day (yup, it happens), I am comforted in know that there are people in my life as a result of my choice to serve that help keep the memory alive.

*****

One of the many benefits of serving a mission is the plethora of friends that you get to take home with you! And in my case, I got a husband out of the deal too. Tally and I went to one of the sister's wedding reception and of course, most of the sisters I either served with as companions or around were there. It is always SO good to see each other and catch up on whats going on with everyone.

Sister Wescott, or as I know her now, Jazzy. Out of all my sister friends, we have managed to stay in touch really well. We are both reader and writer nerds- but more so her. She teaches HS English in St. George. She's a really close friend and married a guy who likes to smell monkey cheese. :) Hi Charlie.
Sister Nicole Thomas- my trainer. And, incidentally, a Narcolept...THAT was fun! Oh the great times we had in Mobile, AL. She married Dave Simister, from good ole North Summit (barf!) -he's a kid who was friends with my brothers growing up. I actually went on a few dates with his lil' bro when I was 18. Small world. They are expecting their first kid in July.

Sister Cassandra Oliver. One lucky gal who lives in Moab and gave me a very cool journal one year for christmas. I love it! She is a very talented scriptorian! Watch out bible-bashers!

Sister Linzi Petty. My favorite red headed missionary! Always good for a laugh- she makes me laugh ALL the time!

Sister Melissa Bowls. I didnt really get to know her too well on the mission- she's been home longer than I have, but doesnt Tally look adorable in her arms?!


Yup folks, here we are- all because we chose to serve.

2 comments:

  1. This was the best post ever. I loved seeing everyone with beautiful tally. She is so sweet. I can't believe how many friends I've stayed in touch with from the mission. It was good to see you at the reception. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wedding dress- you looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!