Tally Jean Martineau
So, lets break it down. In Hebrew, Tal[ly] means "Morning Dew". And since we wanted something to do with the element of water, this fit. Tally is also the nickname of the place where Chris and I met: Tallahassee, FL. *You can sigh now*
Jean, as many of you know, is one of my favorite names ever. So much in fact that I wish it was MY middle name. This is the middle name of my mother and many close friends.However, we are not using the name because of my mother (sorry mom) but rather because we both just really like it and it means "God is gracious". And He truly has been gracious in giving us our little morning dew drop!
So there you have it. Our family is complete. Chris, Holly, Tally and Hank. We couldn't be more blessed!
We are so happy you finally have a name! We can't wait to meet her when are you guys coming up? we love you!!
ReplyDeleteTally fits her perfectly! I love that it's different too.
ReplyDeleteSo how are you feeling now that you've had a few days?
Holly, Congratulations!! WOW it sure does sound like you are a super women!! Way to go I can't believe you did the whole process in the tub. I hope your husband knows what a tuff woman you are. Your little girl is beautiful and I love the unique name. I hope all goes well with your recovery.--Just for the note yes we are in Logan right now my husband is doing his clinical rotations which a lot are not necessarily in logan so it is nice for me and the kids to be a little closer to home. Well I wish you the best of luck and will check your blog for more cute pics of your little Tally.
ReplyDeleteHolly,
ReplyDeleteHow perfect! I love the fact there is an actual story of why she will carry this name. You and Chris have really thought through how important names are. I hope you are doing well and recovering quickly. Take care, Jess
That's a really neat name. The good thing is that I'll always remember her name. Congrats again.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful name! I love how it's different but not crazy different. Names are important and you did a great job deciding on one that is personal to you and Chris. -Ree
ReplyDeletePS At your request, I'm tagging you! I thought new mommy's were supposed to get some rest... not answer a whole bunch of questions about their life, but I love to learn new things about you so you better fill it out now. You're a wonder friend.
You've been TAGGED! Copy this and paste it into a post.
A: The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B: Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C: At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
10 Years Ago:
On My To-Do List:
5 places that I've lived:
5 jobs I have had:
What I would do if I became a billionaire:
Bad habits:
Things I enjoy:
Things people don't know about me:
It's a beautiful name you two! You'll be surprised as she grows into it...and you can't imagine her as anyone else! How has the first week of parenthood been?
ReplyDeleteNot that my opinion matters, but I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! I love the name Tally it is so cute. It is something I would totally have chosen. Perfect!
ReplyDeleteHolly-you are amazing, women who have children without drugs should be given wonder woman outfits that they get to wear out in public! Also what a cute name for your little girl, congratulations being a mom is definitely an adventure and a half!
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys and can't wait to meet her. I love the name. She is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHolly,
ReplyDeleteYou've been tagged! Go to my blog and copy the questions and answer them! I read Rebecca's blog and decided the next time I got tagged I'd tag you! I hope you find the time to do it! Take care and I hope things are going well, Jess
Yeah! Name picking is not easy - good work. She is beautiful.
ReplyDelete