Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tally & Friends

Just a few pictures of Tally- She is growing so fast!


Cousin Heather
Grandpa Butler...so cozy
Its the "doodle" face
Dad and Tally taking a nap after church
I made this pouch thingy today because every time I put her down, she would wake up- so I figured out a way to just not put her down...(this may be developing into a bad habit though...any suggestions on what to do are welcomed!)

10 comments:

  1. She is getting bigger! Pretty soon not a newborn anymore. She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    I found your site through carols myspace. Your girly is so cute! Our son was like that, wanted to be held all the time. There are these baby wedges that you can buy that you lay them in and they are supposed to feel all cozy or you can use a boppy pillow. I never bought them, I just rolled up blankets and put them snuggly around him and he was content. Each baby has their own likes.
    It seems like dad falls asleep a lot with the baby! :) It must be all those sleepless nights he's up feeding the baby, right! Jenee and Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,
    There were so many posts I didn't know which one to comment on!
    Tally is adorable! Isn't it hard how quick they grow and change? I love the stages. It gets easier in some respects and harder in others. You grow right along with your child!
    I can't get over the picture of your mom, grandma and you when you were just born. You look just like your mom! (That's a great thing!)
    Your dog looks like a great campanion! It's so neat you can make him part of your family. I've had kids so quick and so fast our dog got neglected and ran away just days before we moved. I love dogs!
    Isn't it so fun to have a family and a soft place to fall at the end of the day?! In response to your post about laying Tally down and having her wake up, I had a side to side swing, (it also went back and forth, but my kids didn't like it as much), that all my kids loved. I could put them in it at any time of the day and could get whatever I needed done. That way they got used to being alone. Or just try keeping her tightly wrapped. Hope this helps!
    Take care, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh She is getting to be a little chunk... soooo cute!!! I have no advice every baby and every parent is different. All I know is that Tatum cried so often whether I was holding her or not so I really didn't know which she preferred. Baby books will tell you that if she cries it is because she needs something, to be changed, loved, or fed. But baby books aren't always right and of course the baby wants to be loved all the time. But that doesn't take into account your aching back! Plus if you just hold out a couple of months I will be there to hold her instead...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gotta remember she slept all day long close to you for 9 months. Hard habit to break, and to me isn't the worst thing in the world. Enjoy your close time. It won't last forever. Makaya still snuggles up to me if she wakes up before I'm ready to in the morning, and I don't mind that one bit. She just nuzzles her way into the curve of my neck and falls asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Holly she is adorable!! Ok so I am going to put my two cents in about holding her all the time... Just do it as much as you can because she will not want to be held soon. I know seriously you need to get things done, I also had the swing that Jess had and both my kids loved it. I think it is good for babies to cry sometimes and be put down... occasionally but I know they grow up way to fast and so just enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like people are visiting now...can I come yet?? I don't want to be pushy but I'd love to see you and the babe. Let me know! She is so so sweet. I love the picture of the generations, how precious is that! It's crazy how much she looks like you. I'm glad because your gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Holly and Chris! Tally is beautiful!! I love when they are just born, the sleepless nights don't bother me at all. She will grow so fast!!! Before you know it she will be walking and talking. I would just hold her and enjoy her being a baby. Yup it's can form bad habits but they are only that little for such a short time!! If you need to put her down I would snuggle her up and put her in a baby swing or a boppy! Love Ya! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cutting of my dress wasn't as bad because I had a detachable train so my dress remains untouched. I agree it would be hard to cut up my actual dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the inpu guys- I have actually really enjoyed wearing Tally these past days and realize that this time is precious. I actually am at better peace when she is close. We'll see how long my back holds out though!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!