Halleluja! Christmas is over! Dont get me wrong...I love the holidays, but- whoosh! I like the feeling of them being done and over with. This year we went to Logan to celebrate Christmas with my Mom and her husband Ron. A few of my siblings (Holly's) also came to visit. Because there is not much room at my mom's house for guests, she was gracious and put us up in a cute little motel called the Trapper's Inn. We enjoyed a cozy Christmas Eve in this cute bungalow alone. This was the first, and probably last time we would be alone on a holiday like this!
All Christmas Eve and day we ate yummy food, all pitched in on the stockings, had many good guitar jam sessions. With the help of my mother, I sewed some fleece pj pants for one of Chris' presents...I'll definitely post a picture of those later...they turned out a little, shall we say, "irregular"...but he's a sweet heart and wears them anyway! *Note to self: Learn how to sew better.*
Chris spent some time teaching his neice, Ettienne, how to play a few chords on the guitar and the two of them were jamming pretty good! Who knew that Chris could play as well as he does- pretty good for never really practicing or having any formal lessons. We came back to Kamas Christmas evening and spent the rest of the time relaxing and gearing up for the remainder of the week. I am done with this term of school, and have picked up many babysitting jobs through a company called Guardian Angel Babysitting and Chris is still hard at it with Fugals construction. The snow has come, and I am glad that I no longer have to drive to SLC everyday for school. But poor Chris has to be out in the snow everyday working- a sacrifice which is very much appreciated!
Again, we're glad Christmas is over...we survived it with only a few major drama scenes and came home nearly unscathed...We hope you had a wonderful Christmas season too! Now we can all breath easy again!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!