Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bowlarama!







While Chris and I waited for our car to get a tire fixed at Discount Tire, we decided to go bowing. I cannot believe that I had never been to to the bowling alley on State Street and 2200 S. in SLC. You know the one- the landmark GIANT bowling Pin which spins with the old rusty letters B-O-W-L-I-N-G in the middle. We ventured in and honestly, we have never experienced such a customer service oriented bowling alley! We were greeted, informed, educated about how to run those silly score keepers, a server even came and took our order of chili cheese fries and hotdogs AND brought them to us! I dont know, maybe I have been sheltered by my only experience at the Holiday Bowl in Heber...but these guys really cared about us! Unfortunately that didnt change the way we bowled...Chris did well, of course - bowling a 165 the first game, but then a 145 the second. I, on the other hand, bowled an 85 the first game and a measly 64 the second. My arm was getting SO tired! That, and I dont know if you have ever a)seen a 7 month along pregnant lady bowling, or b) done so yourself...but I dont recommend it...That first bowl about threw me over because I was not expecting my center of gravity to be such that it was...NOT IN THE CENTER! We had a blast together -we can be SO competitive with each other, which, looking back is funny because, honestly, did I really think I would beat him? Well, anyways, at least I got more chili cheese fries than him!

3 comments:

  1. You guys look like you have so much fun! So I see you stumbled upon my secret blog! I'm not even telling my fam about it because I am going to be a little more candid on it. My words are very guarded on my family blog. Although there really isn't anything too spicy on it yet...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, how did Chris get so pregnant so fast. You guys look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have participated in bowling while pregnant and I am embarassed to say that after the game I was in pain....to much lifting and wierd positioning I'm guessing!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!