Monday, November 14, 2011

Crisp November



Today has been splendid. So far. We woke early today and peeked out the window. The leaves are almost all fallen and what remains on the trees are a brilliant yellow, waiting and wanting to let go.
Me? I'm not quite ready to let go - let go of sun-shiny, crisp days like this.

November is a melancholy time. So much change, yet so subtle. Mostly the short days and the whole world around me is preparing for a long awaited sleep. Its very easy and comfortable to sink into that mind set of sweaters and hot tea, cozy socks and a good book. Of sleep and hunkering down...

But not just yet. Not yet. Its a beautiful Autumn day. So we went out and played in the crisp November air.


2 comments:

  1. Shared by Chris?? I see Holly in every syllable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was not Chris. I accidentally posted while he was signed in...

    But wouldn't it be great if he DID post something?!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!