Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pie Night

There is a little tradition in the Martineau family. Okay, lets be honest, its a big tradition. And a fun one too!
Every time a female cousin gets engaged, it is the custom for all the married cousins/sisters/friends to take this young unsuspecting girl out for "pie" the night before she is to be wed. This takes the place of what would be a Bachelorette Party. We really do go out for pie, usually to a 24hr place like Perkins. It is our duty to then instruct, advise, answer questions, scare/freak out and comfort the young bride-to-be, with information pertaining to her wedding night...and many nights to follow.

Basically, its just a bunch of girls getting together to talk about sex.

We get down to the nitty gritty and even the best of us are prone to blush! Don't get the wrong idea- there is no disrespect for the act itself, but rather an honoring of a subject that is mostly taboo up until that point. We have fun, we cry, we bond and we send young brides off with a sense of awareness and sometimes fear...but exciting fear!

And the pie is good.


Miss Kara, the unsuspecting bride trying to take it all in. Helping out with the advice: Lindy




Some things just need to be said! And when it makes ALICIA blush, you know its good!
Becky and Krissa sharing tidbits as well.


Pie night is really quite fun. I am happy there is a safe environment for us to talk about things like this in a supportive way. But it is getting down to the last of the girls. One more, I think. Stephanie. And boy oh boy, that is NOT a Pie Night I will miss!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like I am choking... not blushing. I too look forward to Steph's Pie night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will not miss Steph's pie night either... :) Thanks for the advice and fun!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!