Finally! We got to tour the Fire Station across the street from us! FINALLY! Its funny that I'm saying it like that...because I could have gone anytime we wanted to. Just had to make a phone call. But this time it was with like 50 other moms and their children. I went with them so I wouldn't make too much of a fool of myself.
I love fire engines.
I love fire engines.
No. I don't think you understand. I LOVE FIRE ENGINES!!!
(and firefighters...who doesn't love a guy in uniform?!)
Everything about them invokes within me such a high frequency of emotions that I feel as though I could smile my face off and take flight! That sounds dumb. I cannot even put into words the feelings I have when I see, hear, think about, talk about Fire engines, firefighters and that HORN! AHHHH!
I LOVE IT!
They are commanding. In charge. Heroic. RED! LOUD! "get out of my way!"
Ask Chris. When a fire engine blares its horn, I get a little hot.
Every time.
Sigh.
| Molly and two of her adorable children. |
| Little climber girl. The view was good for her there. |
| This is a hose they use for brush/ground fires. They have over a 1000 feet of hose on that truck! |
| 200 feet or more of shooting H20 for house fires. Pretty incredible! |
| I love how Henry couldn't keep his eyes off of the Fireman! Talie was nervous. And I felt fabulous! |
| Do you suppose Henry will fit into one of these helmets one day? |
| Thanks for going with me Molly! |
| All I can say is Thank you...and mmm, mmm,mmm! |
Thank you Station 10, you have kept me warm for so long!
Oh, and Natalie and Henry enjoyed the show as well. :)
And yes. I watched the whole thing.
What makes you giddy, I wonder?!
You are the best!!!
ReplyDeletehah. my dad's a firefighter. I've been on a few calls with him, but nothing too exciting. a small car accident, a woman who cut her leg, a drug overdose....
ReplyDeleteWell lady, you've been blogging up a storm. I checked my reader this morning with a bunch of martineau posts :)yay! My son is obsessed with fire trucks and we live less than a block away from a fire station...I didn't realize that you could just call and make an appointment. Great idea! I will be doing this with Landon soon :)
ReplyDeleteOh Holly! I think about you every time a fire engine honks its horn .. and remember when we were "fire fighters" at Firehouse Subs! I wonder if we'll ever grow into them. Henry might beat us to it! :)
ReplyDeleteOk, you are cracking me UP...You need to ask Alicia about the time the DUMPSTER caught on fire...ask her how long your beloved firemen took to get ACROSS THE STREET! You still crack me up!
ReplyDelete