Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Natalie Turns Three!

I am amazed at how quickly my little girl's life is just scooting along. Although, it has only been three years. She has absorbed so much and is just a joy (93% of the time) to be with. Some of the things that she does lately are:

+She sings to me her statements or questions using the melodies from one of her many songs in her head. And if she cannot remember a melody, she'll make it up. My favorite is when she asked me if the dishes in the dishwasher were clean to the tune of Row Row Row Your Boat! Funny thing is, I have adopted the habit of answering her the same manner.

 +She is a little bossy boots! I'll be reading her a book and out of nowhere, she will stop me and tell me she has to go do something (which mean either potty or nothing) and on the way out of the room she turns and give me the "stop" gesture with her hand and says, "You don't read until I get back, okay?" I smile. She takes a step and then repeats herself until I respond. How can I not laugh? She however finds nothing funny about it and demands that I respond so that she can go "do" what she has to do.

+She'll chew a piece of Trident gum for hours like it ain't no thang. I know. I really shouldn't be giving her gum. But she loves it and its a great tool to get her to do what I want. Don't even tell me you wouldn't do the same thing!

+She can balance a two-wheeler bike. For Christmas Grandma and Grandpa got her a balance bike and she has successfully mastered the skill. Sometimes I am beside myself watching her. She is so strong and capable! 

+She often walks to the neighbors house by herself (at her request) to borrow an egg for me or to play. Of course I watch nervously from the window. So far no eggs have been dropped.

+She has started swim lessons. Pink and green goggles with a new pink toddler wetsuit to keep her warm are her get up. She looks so adorable!

+I recently bought some Newman's Own Organic Chocolate cookies with letters on them. Today she brought me the cookie with the letter "H" on it and said, "Look mom! H. Like Hhhhhhorse!" Thank you Super Why!

+She can peel her own carrots, cut a piece of cheese off the block, chop veggies and sweeps the floor. We are still working on teaching her to fan Mom with palm leaves. But she'll probably master that by the time she's 4. (wink wink)

+Recently she has picked up some phrases and words. Some I think I want to help her phase out...she says, "That's awesome!" "Good job, Mom!" "I can do hard things!" "Holy CRAP!" (sounds terrible coming from a toddler, which probably means it sounds terrible coming from me!) "NOOOOOOOooooooooooo!" (but that's normal.) And a few nights ago, she said, "Dad, you're a pansy!" (She picked up on my telling that to Chris because he refused to drink a Green Smoothie I had just made. It was gross, but still...) And lastly, she says, "I love you, too." (Even if she's the first to say it)

Natalie makes us laugh everyday with her antics and curiosity. We love her imaginative play and adore her sweetness toward Henry. She is all around just the perfect daughter and we are so proud of her.

Happy Birthday Talie!



5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Talie!!! We love her at the Roska house. I'm super impressed she can cut veggies and cheese...never had Brynner try things like that. Maybe we should! Sheesh, time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tally is a ray of sunshine in our lives. Without Tally, Tommy wouldn't be The Tommy he is. Thanks Tally for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet. We miss Talie. Happy Birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Why is amazing isn't it. Kyle now tells me that he is writing "S" "P" or some other letters when it is just scribbles. He does know "O" though. :) It makes me feel better about his TV watching.

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!