Monday, June 14, 2010

Coutning Down

Nineteen more days until the calender reads "July 4, 2010". That is the day, according to certain calculations, that little Henry boy will be with us finally. I am counting on him making his debut a little earlier than that. Like, next week or so. Sometime before the end of June. That is what my body is telling me. And with every kick and nudge, sleepless night, and hot swollen foot rub that Chris gives me, the reality of Henry coming sooner rather than later sinks in.
And so my countdown has changed a little bit. From 19 days of "getting ready for Henry" to "only 19 more days of mama time with Natalie." Nineteen more days to play outside. To make cookies without a wee one on my hip. 19 more days of story time uninterrupted by the demands of another child. Only a few more days to sit and watch Lady and the Tramp or Dumbo. A few more days of couch naps, or long walks in search of worms.  A few more days of singing song after song after song just to get her to sleep.
I cannot believe how much our world is going to change. Natalie has been sensing the change coming. She talks often of Henry coming out soon and tells me he's getting big. She's right. She sees his clothes, his bassinet, his car seat- all of the little baby things that are just too small for her. I know she gets it. Her little brother is coming soon and I can sense her little girl anticipation. It is precious. There are only a few more days of enjoying this time together. And so I will enjoy it. I'll deal with the aches and pains that only a mother who has been 38 weeks pregnant before can appreciate. We'll take one day at a time, because right now, that is all we have. I cannot believe I am posting this picture. I've been extremely self-conscious of my pregnant belly this go around. You can see why. Its just so...OUT THERE! But Tally likes to sit on Henry, and I must admit, its the perfect snuggle place. So there you have it. The side view. Its rad. None of my shirts fit around it, which is a delight for all, I'm sure. And none of that matters. There is a baby in there. Our baby.  We're so excited to meet him!


10 comments:

  1. I think you are the most beautiful pregnant woman! It's true.. enjoy the time with just 1 kid... but you can't help but be ready to be done! Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture!!! Tally looks so content sitting on Henry. Just prepping him for the real thing I'm sure.
    Hope you have a happy, peaceful few days! And more happy, peaceful days after Henry decides to come play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you really be nearly nine months pregnant? I mean, obviously from the picture (which by the way looks like a totally perfect little seat for Tally... love it... all I can say is wow!) you truly are nearly nine months pregnant, but for me this time totally flew by, but then again, I'm not the pregnant one. And if you really do name the little guy Henry, my husband will be totally jealous because that is the one name he wants to use if we ever have another boy. Hope he arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhhhh... Such a thoughtful post! Tally is super cute & you my friend are beautiful! That shelf belly is pretty cool. Lil Henry may come our as tall as his Dad. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pregnant belly. I think you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have such a cute prego belly! The reality of only having a few more days of 1 child has really started to sink in for me too. BTW my theory on why we must get so uncomfortable that we can't sleep well is to prep us for continued sleepless nights. I'm tired of being so tired all the time but I best be getting used to it again. Here's to craziness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome. I LOVE this picture! Flaunt that belly...you're gorgeous!
    Good luck with your new little one, I'm thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least if your belly sticks straight out it doesn't make you wider!!! Straight out is much better in my opinion. You look great!

    I love your thoughts - I remember feeling the same way over three years ago now! Crazy. And its hard. Its hard to believe that you won't be able to give your first child as much attention as you once could. I remember coming home from the hospital with Benj and just grabbing Tanner and holding and cuddling him on the couch for a long time - it was like both of us couldn't quite accept that it wouldn't be just the two of us anymore. But then things change and it becomes much better than it ever was before!

    Good luck with everything - I'm sure you'll be wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am done counting down, I just want to see this cute little Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow. it looks like you have a fake belly. you are so skinny everywhere else! I am seeing this after the post of your wee babe being born. congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!