Everyone has one. A "Golden Birthday." Mine was on my 23rd birthday. I turned 23 on the 23rd of October. Some have their golden birthday when they are 1 or 4 or 7 or 30. Chris had his golden birthday this year. Twenty-seven on the 27th of May. He's still younger than me, blasted! The not so cool thing this year was that I didn't even realize it was his Golden birthday until a few days ago when I was thinking about how it all went down. I totally didn't do what I would have done for him if I'd have remembered it was the GOLDEN one! But at least I did do something, right? At least he still got sung to, right? It was a busy day which pretty much revolved around food for Chris. I'm laughing now because anyone who knows Chris knows he's pretty much anorexic and hates food.
Chris got homemade breakfast burritos for breakfast, homemade Chile Verde Burritos for dinner (A Cafe Rio knock-off) and homemade raspberry cheesecake for his birthday cake.
We waited for a friend to come over and ate/sang opened presents. And then we were both off again for a night class and other engagements.
Chris got a new keyboard. One that he says he's been NEEDING for the past, oh- 4 years or so. I'll admit, it is pretty suave and honestly, it would have been nice to have it a few years ago...but there is just something about waiting that made the gift more awesome! Natalie had a blast singing Happy Birthday ALL DAY to practice for her dad and did a great job when the moment of truth arrived! The food was good, the company even better and Golden or not, I think Chris's birthday was enjoyed by all, especially the Birthday boy.
We love you babe! Thanks for growing old[er] with us and eating my food!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Happy Birthday Chris! Sorry we missed you & talked to Michael instead of you that night. For you, it is probably better we missed you. We were going to sing the song in OPERA! But no worries we will try again next year! WE LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteI won't have one...thanks for making me feel bad. The year that I turn 29 there will be no 29th of February. I am going to go weep now.
ReplyDeleteChad
Oh so glad it was a happy birthday! You look like quite the pimp in your first picture. Go you!
ReplyDeleteHey bum...hope you had a great day.
ReplyDelete