Sunday, August 17, 2008

Memoirs of a Martineau (or Butler)

I got this from a lot of my friend's blogs. I thought it would be fun and hope you will play along! Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you have of me or Chris. It doesn't matter if you know us a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.
It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about us, We'll assume you're playing the game and we'll come to your blog and do the same thing. Thanks for playing!

8 comments:

  1. The first time I met you was at Spud Day. You sat in back of me most of the parade, and I knew who you were but I wouldn't say hi. You didn't say hi either, because hello, I totally should have been the one to instigate it. You caved first and introduced yourself, and I've loved getting to know you ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    There are many memories involving chlorinated H2O... splashing in the water potato bug roll style, swimming spit fire sets and many other sets to rack up the yardage, playing leap frog during cool down, swimming with our ears out of our caps just because it felt funny, and growing our leg and arm hair out all season just to see who had the most at the big shaving party before state... you can definitely grow hair faster and thicker than me... and without these memories we would have never created my favorite... 2001 state swimming 4x100 free relay beginning with our famous tower stretch and ending on the podium. Just thinking about it gets the adrenaline going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will admit that you stole my best/scariest memory-attempting to lay out on the roof of the middle school and then getting trapped up there by the evil janitor-what was he thinking? Also who could forget the summer of work in Park City at the Marriott-and the boy who was shocked that you were a beauty queen because you had hairy armpits-coasting down the hill by your house to see how far down the road we could get.....ahhh good times! Thanks for the great memories and don't forget to make sure your eyebrows are in place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is how it went down...we came over to your house (carlos and i) then out of no where your dog starts like humping carlos and we just kept on talking like nothing while carlos was over there struggling with your dog, chris was just like "your computer yada yada yada" (while staring at the screen) ha ha ha member?

    and of you..well let me pull out our comic strips of our lil adventures we had...he he

    Major P.S um can i have your number ?...um im kinda panicking because i lost it because carlos kinda RUINED my phone...ehem so i would love your digits! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly-My first memory of you is when you just moved from Saudi and you could do splits and I remember wishing I could too. Then skip forward in time to good old college roommates. One of my favorite memories is the mud. Our singles ward bishop (?) made his unfinished backyard into one huge mud pit. We played mud volleyball and just had the greatest time slipping/sliding/flirting/fighting with the boys! We had to hose ourselves down as much as possible and ride back home in your car. Everyone was looking at you because you had stripped down to you bra so you could drive. We had dirt coming out of our ears for days! Ohmygosh that was fun!!

    Chris-My first memory of you is on Valentines day a few years back when I thought we were meeting you and Holly at some super fancy restaurant so I dressed up, walked in, THEN realized I was thinking of another place. I looked like an overdressed idiot. Man that was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think i like our time riding horses at my mums rach! We went to a full gallop in the hills! and I was happy... thanks for that day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - memories of Holly. It really seems like you've always just kind of been there - so there are probably way too many to pick from. Some of my earliest memories though are of course writing to you when you lived in Saudi, going with you and your family to orem (or somewhere like that) in your big van - I don't know why and when - but we stopped at 7-11 and got hot dogs. I remember going to the pool with you when we were little and it only cost 10 cents to get in! Of course when we were older I remember practically living at the same pool together - skinny dipping in the dark - oh wait - did we do that? That summer in provo and can you believe the boys we had crushes on back then? Uhg. Anyway, like I said, too many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember your 1st spud day! I think you guys were wrapped up in a blanket, it was freezing!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!