Sunday, June 15, 2008

Beacon of Light and Truth



I don't know why I have waited so long to write about this. But it has been two weeks since we blessed Natalie. On June 1st, we gathered at our new ward in the Avenues and Chris gave our perfect daughter a name and a blessing. I kept thinking to myself- what if he changes her name right there out of the blue! What it if comes out Gretchen Bertha Martineau or something! (My apologies if you like that name!) AHHHH! But alas, the name Natalie Jean Martineau sailed smoothly from Chris' lips. I recorded the blessing and have transcribed it and listened to it/read it many times since. I'll just share one line from the blessing that, to me, is very special. (I hope this is ok.)


"Natalie, you are a choice spirit. Our Heavenly Father has sent you here to be a
beacon of light and truth in this darkening world..."


Isn't that beautiful? I thought so too. So as I lay thinking about Tally one night in regards to these prose, I had the thought that she is my little BLT! Then I laughed out loud becuase, gosh, I really do love BLT's. Both kind. :)

It was wonderful to have ALL of my siblings in attendance, and Chris' Mom, two sisters and a brother with their kids and spouses all made it as well, some travelling from Idaho. It was an absoltuely perfect day for all of us.

I have reflected many times since how grateful I am for the knowledge of Eternal Families. I know that through the Gospel of Jesus Christ this is possible and I am blown away at how blessed I am to know that Chris believes the same. Together we can raise our daughter unto the Lord.


3 comments:

  1. I'd like a BLT please--extra darling Natalie, hold the Gretchen. Congrats! Sounds like a beautiful blessing...go Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have brought a tape recorder. You should have seen me furiously scribbling trying to get it all. Brad helped me fill in the blanks afterward. It sounds like the blessing went really well. Tally is such a cutie. I'll get you the rest of the pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are adorable! She looks like a little angel. Blessing days are always the best. Great job Tahnie for the picture taking! They turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!