So, there we were, Chris and I talking on the couch a few nights ago, when all of a sudden, Chris says: "I don't think she is a Tally". The thoughts in my head- "BUT I ALREADY POSTED AND TOLD EVERYONE HER NAME WAS TALLY!!!" I smiled and said, "Ok, then what IS her name?" Of course, he didn't know. Chris really likes the name Lehla. But whenever we share that name, people start singing that old nostalgic song by Eric Clapton, Layla. Uhg... I told Chris that we had already filled out the birth certificate form and sent it in even! The state will know her as Tally Jean if we don't do something fast! Yesterday, my little girl was yet again nameless as we gave it some more time to mull over. Actually, her name yesterday was Muffin. I think it fits her quite well...
Ok, we finally came to an agreement. And its funny too, because the name we chose is one that we only sort of considered while we were thinking of names. And I like it because it is a name that can metamorphosize with her as she grows.
Another drum roll please.........
Natalie Jean Martineau
So there you have it. Officially, according to mom and dad, maybe not the state for a while...she is a Natalie. And conveniently, she can still be called Tally, or Nat, or Natty. But mostly Tally- because we both still really like Tally. It just needed something else- so Natalie it is. Man, I hope she doesn't have identity problems because of this...please bless!
You guys are great. I think it's hilarious that you were having such a hard time. Natalie is great. Can't wait to see you guys and meet her!
ReplyDeleteHolly, It is so hard right after you have a baby to think, and especially when there's pressure like having already turned in the birth certificate! Putting as much thought into this name for her, is so sweet. She is a lucky little girl!
ReplyDeleteAnd that ladies and gentlemen is why America is so great. We can change names whenever we want! Natalie is also really cute. It took me a few days to really decide that Brynner couldn't ever be anything but a Brynner.
ReplyDeleteI love Natalie too! At least now when she's older she will have a funny story to tell. I'm sure it isn't the first time it has happened. Actually, we had a hard time deciding on a name for Jed. Then, when we decided to call him Jedediah it was kind of weird to actually use it. Mostly because for 9 months he was known as "the kid" or as my parents said "the Hatchling," then suddenly he was really here, and we had to give him a real name. Now, I can't think of any name that fits him better. I'm sure you will begin to feel the same was about Natalie or Tally (for short) because you've put so much thought into it. It's sweet!
ReplyDeleteTally is a cute name, but I also love Natalie. It will be fun to see what she'll go by. Congrats again. We still haven't had a FTM sisters baby shower for you. Were doing one for Julie hopefully soon. We want to include you too. Sorry it's so late.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome. My friend called her baby Ashley for 6 MONTHS then changed it to Hailey! So far no identity problems, just a funny story...I wouldn't be too worried about it :-)
ReplyDeleteVery very cute, and you still kinda kept Tally. Don't worry, Zach and I were dead set on "Alvin Simon Theodore Putanam" for Tyger until the last month or so of pregnancy.We are coming to town next week, I hope I can visit you!
ReplyDeletewe want to see more pictures of tally, natalie, nat!!! we can't wait to see her!
ReplyDelete