Monday, February 4, 2008

Projects for profit






This homing/nesting instinct has really been kicking in lately...not so much in the wanting to "clean" things, but more to so re-arrange, create, change make stuff. You know- like cookies.
I went to DI and found this ugly little wicker cabinet that for some reason, I had to have. So, I bought it, got some new handles for it and whitewashed it. It now holds all the little baby stuff we have received thus far. Mostly blankets and onesies. Lots of onesies. I think I did a good job on it. I also really like our new bed room set up. I have this strange obsession with the color blue/turquoise and am very pleased with the color scheme I picked out. I feel calm when I am in the room. Total color therapy. You can see the blue wall on the previous post- that is the "baby Space". I am posting Chris' space...as you can see, we have a little more to go until things are completely clutter free and organized...
Anyhow, I would love to learn more about refurbishing old pieces and perhaps selling them for profit. Anyone wanna buy this whitewashed wicker cabinet? Make offer!

PS- I seriously need a tutorial on how to post my pics and verbage in a better way!

5 comments:

  1. Your HAIR got seriously long! I can't believe it. Yeah, I have actually been able to "nest" this pregnancy because I'm not working my bum off for Dr. Ellison. You can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 weeks!? I can't believe it! Are you guys still at your parents house? What room is that with the blue wall? Very cute. By the way, have I mentioned that it isn't fair that all of m friends have these cute little non weight gaining pregnancies when I blow up like a balloon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,
    I am so excited for you! The last couple of weeks of pregnancy does leave you feeling restless, I always had to create work to make the time go by faster. I cannot believe how much snow you have been getting. Send some our way will ya! Take care, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know...I didn't get the nesting thing. Of course even if I wanted to clean it would have been pointless because our basement was being finished and our contractor took his sweet, you know what, time with it. Oh well, I'll nest with my next one! Good job on the cabinet-I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited for you guys! Life will be something new in just a couple of short weeks, and while it seems to take forever you will look back at how fast it really goes.
    I love your projects! I am in the same mode right now. I just want everything done before he comes!
    Good Luck! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!