Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cardboard and Ketchup

For Valentines day, Chris decided he would be romantic and make us Totino's Pizza to eat by candle light. He is such a sweet heart and brought home my favorite Mexican drink, Horchata- along with a smelly rose. That makes it sound like the rose was stinky, but I assure you, it was not. Smelled yummy- you know, like a smelly rose. I was just reminded of the song that Fibi sings on the TV show Friends "Smelly Cat"...I wonder if that cat really stunk or if it smelled good, like my rose...I digress. The cardboard and ketchup pizzas were amazing like they always are, cooked to perfection. You may think its silly that I think this meal was romantic. Let me explain:
Pretty much the entire first year of our marriage while living in Boise, these pizzas were all that we ate. Coming in at $0.98 a pop, they were a cheap, easy meal...although definitely not the most nutritious. We would venture at times and buy a different brand, but they just were not the same. Our staple foods at that time were Totino's pizzas, Shells and white cheese Pasta Roni and great value mac and cheese (thick and creamy). All this accompanied by Grape Drink from Walmart. (Not to be confused with grape juice).
Eating these tough discs of artificial cheese, meat and processed flour ingredients brought back many fond memories of our beginnings. Well done Chris!
*yes, this is me in my favorite moo-moo...go on, laugh.*

3 comments:

  1. Zach really doesn't want me blogstocking this week because you know what? He keeps getting in trouble with every romantic valentines story I read. He didn't do anything this year, or last year. I keep not telling him what to do, because it isn't fun if your husband just does what you have nagged him to do, you know? I want something original, inspired, romantic. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza's are a great touch. I used to eat those pizza's all the time when I was little. My friends and I would play supernintendo, eat the pizza, and have it with grape soda. Today I don't like grape soda, but something about pizza and grape soda did it for me back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad & I would often eat these as well when we were newly weds. It's funny how smells and tastes can make you so vividly remember something from the past.

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!