My dear mother-in-law gave us some old "antique" baby gear. A bassinet and changing table that she used with all 8 of her kids. Since I am home all day, and I love little projects to keep me busy, I sewed a new bassinet cover and disassembled, cleaned, repainted and created a new topper for the changing table. So, its like I have new things, only the character is already built in! Thanks Sherry- I hope we can continue passing these along- and they'll continue to stand the test of wear and tear.
Before:


After:



My favorite: it folds together into this pillar like table for saved space!
The Bassinet
Holly - It's been so long! Oh the people you reconnect with through blog surfing...it looks like life is great and a little one on the way, even. So wonderful! I had my first little guy last Sept.- the most amazing thing imaginable. So great to "see" you :-) Melanie (Goates) Sharp melaniegsharp@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteHolly, all I can say is that you are wonderful. I love your writing. You have always had such great deep thoughts and I appreciate those you've left on my blog. You will be a wonderful mother! We all have our days. . . but in the end hopefully we will all make it together! When you become a mom it seems you need the love and support of other moms even more! Friends are the best!
ReplyDeleteHolly, you're amazing. Isn't it great to have time to work on projects like that. You are so creative. I love it. You are going to be a super mom!
ReplyDeleteWe used it for our 3 kids too!
ReplyDelete