Welcome to Post #1. This is a new exciting attempt to keep wraps on our own life while sharing our exciting, and probably not so exciting, news with you. Perfect stranger? Friends? Family? We don't have a preference. Just as long as we get some comments and regular subscribers...so come one, come all. And thank you for visiting!
The picture posted here was taken last September in Idaho Falls. We were renting a house in the ghetto there and decided that we would go see a night on the town. (As much of a town that there is.) A new friend of mine had invited us to go see some local punk bands play at the Zeil Company on Shoup and B. Well, when you are going to chill with a bunch of REAL punks, you sorta have to do your best to blend in...Chris decided he wanted to color his hair black. I was all about the fun hair dressing experience, so off we went to the local Saving Center (HARDLY the place to save!) and spent a few hours in the bathroom pasting the purple concoction on his already thinning hair. The final product turned out pretty sexy in my opinion...
Off we went to the show and we had to laugh at the fact that we really did not blend in too well. First of all, there were more mohawks and fohawks there than in "SLC Punk" and secondly, we apparently did not know how to "dance" to this type of music...*flail arms and legs in any direction humanly possible. Do this while moving in a circle of many other flailing-armed and legged humans* For those of you who don't know what this type of dancing is called, refer to the Urban Dictionary under "Skanking" I have so kindly included the excerpt from Urban Dictionary found at : http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skanking
The bizarre, wild dance done to the music known as Ska. Not to be confused with a, "skank" skanking resembles running in place while flailing your arms. While popular at Ska shows, it is more acceptable at other mixed venues to simply join the mosh. Unskilled skankers are sometimes mistaken for seizure victims. | ||
Our lesson? Well, the obvious is that we are not punks and you really CAN get hurt while skanking! The not so obvious lesson: While colored black hair is sexy, (and purple Mohawks not so much) for the Martineaus to have fun, we don't need to go out of our way to try to fit in, or make people believe we belong somewhere...we have just as much fun throwing a ball for our dog, hiking in the mountains or wrestling in our sheets (with our clothes on of course).
WOW! It was good to see you two. I am excited to hear about your IF life. Keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteLove
Rebekah and Robert
Congratulations on your blog! love amy
ReplyDeleteCool blog...I will check back often, well, only when you send reminders of new content. Hope stuff is going well...see you!!
ReplyDeletelove the pics. you both look great! can't wait to see you in Kamas.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read more! I wanna see some current photos of you two, it's been forever. When are we gonna get together?
ReplyDeleteTake care!
Tahnie
sorry, I'm new to posting comments. I just really wanted you to read mine so I posted it twice :)
ReplyDeleteHolly, I laughed my head off with the Skanking definition. I'm so going to send that to one of my friends. Cause, her and her husband are punkers and when we go to dances together we would skank. It was great. I probably looked like someone having a seizer
ReplyDeleteHi Holly and Chris. You guys are fun! Love you! Mom
ReplyDelete