
Holly snowshoeing...taken with cell phone camera. ehh. Click on the link below for WAY better pics!
We made our way up through Woodland- just far enough where the snow was still there. It has nearly all melted! The trail we hiked was worn down from snowmobilers and cross country skiiers. The greatest thing about snowshoes is that you can safely blaze your own trail. So we did. Up and over crest after crest until we had made it up to the top of a large hill, about 1.25 miles up. We passed a couple of snowmobilers as they were trying to get themselves unstuck. Again, another beauty of being on foot- it may be slower, but you'll never run out of gas, get stuck or break down. Plus, the feeling of great accomplishment as you look back down at what you just climbed up is incredible!
Coming down the mountain was a blast! We found a very very steep ravine and basically skied down on our heels. Poor Chris had Tally on his back the whole time, so he had a little more difficult time coming down, tumbling a few times and getting covered in snow. Tally fared OK! We also saw many animal tracks, some rabbit, badger and cat- which secretly freaked me out...
All in all, the 2.25 mile hike was a success and very invigorating as we breathed the clean mountain spring air! The sun kissed us a little and left us tuckered out.
Our new phone the G1 (from TMobile) has a neat application called MyTracks which basically functions like a GPS unit. So, we were able to upload the trail we took and is posted here for your viewing pleasure.
Go here to see the pictures from our adventure!
The view and Opinions expressed are not necessarily the those of the blog owners husband, daughter, founders, regents, shareholders or dog and so solely those of the poster.
ReplyDeleteSpecifically the second paragraph. The human body is more frail than we like to admit. We will "run out of gas", "get stuck", and "break down" often.
I'm so glad you guys like your phone!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect day! I love doing things like that in the snow...it just goes to show you that you really never appreciate what you have until it isn't as convenient (I had a hard time expressing what I was thinking at the end, if you couldn't tell!)
ReplyDeleteThose are awesome pictures and I loved them even more because I knew exactly where you were. I miss Woodland! What a gorgeous place we grew up at!
ReplyDeleteThat would be great for you to come! If you'll send me your email address to kristinbhodson@gmail.com I'll forward you the Evite!
ReplyDeleteI love snow shoeing in the Uintas! Although I haven't done it since we've had kids - but we need to. How brave of you guys to take Natalie - I'm glad she did so well even if Chris got more of a workout than he wanted. Those are great pictures!
ReplyDeleteWow. We sure don't miss the snow. Looks like a great adventure. So So So fun. Tally is growing up too fast. Geeeeeeeeeeez.
ReplyDelete