Sunday, March 8, 2009

One Year Older



journal entry: Saturday, February 9th, 2008

My feet. My toes look like little Smokies. Feels like little heart beats in the end of each one- throbbing. I've been tracking the active times of the baby to get a better idea of how my- our schedule is going to be...constantly, since I began feeling the little flutters of movement, the most active time is right at 10pm. Its now almost 11pm and its still rockin' around like crazy in me. Makes it tough to sleep...funny how I would think that I should be getting any sleep because I haven't lately. The last week in particular. My bed is too soft, my back is too achy, the room is too hot, the baby keeps kicking...there is always something. Yuck. This is the "conditioning" period I guess- this month is prepping me for how its going to be once the baby finally arrives. I should quit griping. New development: if its a girl, we both like the name Tally. After Tallahassee. Middle name? Prolly Jean still.

Are you a girl? Tally?

*****

Is it possible for an infant to be "one year older and wiser too"? I think so. Although I'll add "wiser and cuter too" to that statement. Natalie turned the big O-N-E on February 26th. A few days later, I got up the nerve to throw her a little birthday bash. Thanks so much to everyone who came and had lunch with us. It was a blast to see Natalie's reaction to everyone and to witness her first taste of birthday cake! She was surrounded by all of her grandparents, some cousins and an aunt and uncle along with a few of my friends and their babies. (Im SO glad you showed Tahnie and Nicole! It meant so much!) Thank you for the generous gifts and adorable outfits sent from afar and brought through the door! We are all so blessed to have friends and family who are so supportive!


Happy Birthday to you!
Ya. Its a little scary having a room full of people singing a song to you!
Mom and Dad blew out the candle for her- she's still a little freaked out by that song!


Animal noise puzzle that Brad, Tahnie and Brynner got for Tally. If anyone wants to know what a hamster sounds like...let me know, we'll work something out.

A game we played where everyone had 30 sec to begin drawing Natalie as she sat in her high chair, then we rotated pictures around the circle and added to each others pictures. Here I am showing the finished "product". Quite entertaining!
Check out the star and triangle shaped ice cubes! Thank you IKEA!
Good ole' Ronald! Love you dude!
Mom and Dad peddling for change. (Not Obama's type, good change ;) Natalie's first Piggy Bank! (We're still taking offerings)
Couldn't keep a hat on that girl!
Aly and Heather- two cousins that Natty will miss dearly very soon! :(
Oh, and this pic is a little, um, strange.


That's right Granma- "I'M ONE!"




5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you invited us! We always talk about how dang cute Tally is. In addition we talk about how delicious "Holly's Cupcakes," as Brad now calls them, are. You throw ONE awesome party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Tally! That picture where she has a that little frightened pucker is so adorable! It really doesn't get any less scary having everyone staring and singing to you when you are an adult!
    P.S. I know it's been awhile but I wanted to tell you I loved your birth experience story from The Sycamore site. I printed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tahnie was raving about the frosting on the cupcakes! Would you mind posting the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Tally! Looks like your parents know how to put on a party. Hope you enjoyed that first taste of cake, sure looks like you did! It sounds like the cupcakes were a big hit with everyone not just Tally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad we missed such a FUN party. We're glad it was a happy one!

    ReplyDelete

I know you're blog stalking. So you may as well leave your thoughts here! Glad to have you!