Its Holly's birthday today everyone, she is 21!!!
Let me take some time to impart a few things I've learned about Holly over this last year and how much she has grown.
First.
She gave birth to Natalie Jean, and as anyone who has perused this blog knows, she is the cutest baby in the west and its no wonder, half of Natalie's genes come from Holly who is the hottest mommy in town. I'm so grateful for Holly's strength and courage during the birthing process and her education on child birth. She is such a dedicated mom.
Second.
She graduated from massage school with flying colors while juggling a lot of different schedules. She then took the national and passed it on the first go 'round. It is common place to have to take the test 2 or even 3 times, but not my Holly.
Third.
She has a giant heart that is so loving and patient with me. I can't express how much it means to me to have someone backing me as steadfastly as Holly does. Natalie and I are so blessed to have her in our lives. I'd marry her all over again.
Enough lists, lets enjoy a story or two about Holly.
Holly is non stop comedy. For example, as we were driving away from the park after skating with Hank I started blabbing about politics and apparently I was speaking softly, so she starts pressing the volume up button that is on the steering wheel (the radio wasn't on) and was baffled when my voice was not amplified.
Who is Lex Luther? Holly had a difficult time with this question. She had several responses that made me wonder if this girl grew up under a rock, turns out she grew up on sand. I ever so patiently explained that Lex Luther is not a ninja turtle and has no relation to Mr. Clean other than the shaved head. He was not part of the Star Wars universe or Spider Man movies.
I'm not going to give the answer to who this character is because I have a sneaking suspicion that there are a few stalkers who will have to ask their husbands or google Lex Luther. This should spark a weekend of Sci-Fi marathons as it did at my house.
To bring it back to the starting point. Holly is older and wiser and I love her more than ever. I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with her.
Hap Hap HAPPY Birthday Holly! I guess I'm going to have to google Lex Luther too because I have no clue....
ReplyDeleteYeah. That Lex Luther story. It was pretty funny. And let me just say that the weekend of Sci-fi...not my cup of tea- But I have a feeling there are more to come so that I will better understand Chris when he makes references to random characters. Oh boy. I can hardly wait. Maybe I'll make him watch Gilmore Girls ALL 7 SEASONS!
ReplyDeleteAlso- 21? Wow. Thanks baby. Although I preferred my 25th year. Can I be 25 again?
Im convinced that one day pushing that darn volume button will eventually work! I'll also be able to change the topic of discussion by pushing the 'next' button. Its going to be rad!
Thanks Chris- you are my star!
Geez Louise, Happy Birthday Holly! What a sweet tribute. I knew your birthday was this month but for some reason I thought it was on the 17th. Boy was I wrong. I'll never forget now. Never, no never. And yes, I too love your unique sense of humor. Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Day Holly! Cute family pics too. I'm going to send you a message on Myspace with my personal info since then it's not floating around the blogosphere.... not that someone couldn't hack into your myspace inbox....especially now that I suggested it....Great! Anyhoo--hopefully we can skate about soon!
ReplyDeleteSo, seriously, how much did you pay Chris to write all that about you? What a good husband you got there. Happy B-day my friend. How did you like your 25th b-day so much? Was that the one we celebrated in FL, I can't remember, or do math for that matter. Your card will be in the mail tomorrow, or the next day, or someday...
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Chris should have to watch all 7 seasons of the Gilmores. You could call it preparation for what life will be like when Tally is 16. (Not the teen pregnancy part, but the mother/daughter crazy relationship and talking fast part!)
ReplyDelete